How to Apply EPDM Pourable Sealer Pocket
- Clean deck membrane and penetration with Weathered Membrane Cleaner.
- Prime deck membrane and penetration and wait for flash-off.
- Cut a small corner section of clear poly and replace.
- Remove release liner from non-adhesive side of pocket.
- Remove clear poly from blue plastic strip and place on non-adhesive side of pocket.
- Fold pocket in half with blue plastic strip on the outside.
- Hold pocket with blue strip facing toward the penetration and form a circle, snapping the tab so it is inside the pocket.
- Position pocket on deck, ensuring a 1″ (2.54 cm) minimum distance from penetration(s).
- Remove clear poly from flange.
- Begin pressing flange down to primed surface.
- When flange is about halfway completed, prime overlap area of pocket and wait for flash-off.
- Complete overlap.
- Complete remainder of flange.
- Roll flange with hand roller.
- Form flashing above blue strip into the pocket.
- Roll inside top edge of pocket with hand roller.
- Prime penetration and flashing inside of pocket and wait for flash-off. Do not apply primer to blue strip.
- Pour One-Part Pourable Sealer inside pocket (min. 2” [5 cm] deep) and crown the surface to prevent ponded water.
- Apply 5/8” (1.58 cm) bead of Lap Sealant to edges at 22’ (6.7 m) per tube and feather using tool provided with sealant.
In cold temperatures, use of a heat gun is required when working with all uncured EPDM flashings.
See all Membranes
WeatherBond offers four types of membranes for single-ply roofing, all perfect for commercial and residential low-slope applications.Learn More
WeatherBond is a leading supplier of single-ply roofing systems. These include EPDM, TPO, PVC and a full line of accessories for each membrane.Learn More