How to Apply EPDM Splice
- Fold back top sheet.
- Edge of top sheet should cover to the innermost factory line on bottom sheet.
- Clean splice area of both sheets with Weathered Membrane Cleaner.
- Prime splice area of both sheets and wait for flash-off.
- Hand-apply 3″ (7.62 cm) Peel & Stick Seam Tape such that tape edge is placed at edge of outside factory line on bottom sheet.
- In temperatures below 40°F (4°C), use of heat gun and hand roller are required.
- Position top sheet, ensuring 1/8” to 1/2″ (3.175 mm -12.7 mm) of tape exposure.
- Pull clear poly from tape at a 45-degree angle while applying hand pressure.
- Roll splice area with hand roller.
In cold temperatures, use of a heat gun is required when working with all uncured EPDM flashings.