How to Apply TPO Pre-Molded Outside Corner Flashing
TPO Pre-Molded Outside Corner Flashing is used to flash outside corners on a variety of details. Pre-stretched, multi-wave design allows wrapping outside corners that are out of square and not exactly 90 degrees.
- Size TPO Pipe Seal to pipe.
- Cut pipe seal to desired size; always cut above rib closest to pipe.
- Turn pipe seal upside down and mark pipe where Water Cut-Off Mastic will be applied.
- Apply ½” (1.27 cm) bead of Water Cut-Off Mastic at 10’ (3 m) per tube.
- When welding TPO flashing accessories, initial temperature setting for heat welder should be 6 (on a scale of 1-10).
- Heat the top edge of the pipe seal to ensure adequate flexibility.
- Pull pipe seal over pipe until base flange is in contact with membrane.
- Clean flange and deck membrane with Weathered Membrane Cleaner.
- Tack-weld flange in place.
- Weld flange and roll with hand roller.
- Install clamping ring below top rib.
- Trim excess.
- Check all welds with a seam probe once completely cooled (30 minutes).
Consult Spec Supplement T-01-11 for more information on temperature settings and equipment setup.