How to Apply TPO Universal Corners – Inside Corner
TPO Pre-Molded Universal Corners are used to flash inside and outside corners on a variety of details. Each Universal Corner can be cut into one inside corner or one outside corner. Conforms easily to details on new construction installations, where right angles are common.
- Remove top portion of TPO Universal Corner by cutting along dotted line.
- TIP: Save excess material; it can be used to make T-Joint Covers.
- Round corners.
- Clean deck membrane and corner with Weathered Membrane Cleaner.
- Position the corner.
- Starting with the vertical section, begin welding at the innermost center point and work outward. When welding TPO flashing accessories, initial temperature setting for heat welder should be 6 (on a scale of 1-10).
- Weld the horizontal section to the deck membrane, starting in the center and working outward.
- Use hand roller to crease the corner into any membrane step-offs.
- Check all welds with a seam probe once completely cooled (30 minutes).
Consult Spec Supplement T-01-11 for more information on temperature settings and equipment setup.