How To Apply TPO Universal Corners – Outside Corner
TPO Pre-Molded Universal Corners are used to flash inside and outside corners on a variety of details and are ideal for new construction projects, where right angles are common. Each Universal Corner can be cut into one inside corner or one outside corner.
- Cut off top of TPO Universal Corner along dotted line.
- Round corners.
- Clean deck membrane and corner with Weathered Membrane Cleaner.
- Position the corner.
- Tack weld in place. When welding TPO flashing accessories, initial temperature setting for heat welder should be 6 (on a scale of 1-10).
- Starting with the vertical section, begin welding at the innermost center point and work upward.
- Weld each side of the corner, working from the inside toward the outside.
- Weld the bottom flange, working from the inside toward the outer edges.
- Check all welds with a seam probe once completely cooled (30 minutes).
Consult Spec Supplement T-01-11 for more information on temperature settings and equipment setup.